Friday, September 14, 2012

Work at home # ?? - VAN GOGH AGAIN

Van Gogh - Starry night over the Rhone

As you all know, i have this Van Gogh craze and i just love all his starry night paintings!! I like his style where  the brushstrokes is obvious and the fact that he uses almost  only blue, yellow, white and black in his starry night paintings.  After the previous Starry Night replication painting i've done, I couldnt get over the fact that this 'master piece' of mine was taken away by one of the visitor at my house. He really liked it and he asked for it. I regretted after i gave it to him!!! I loved it soooo much...... 
So i decided to do another replica painting!!! <3 And this one is starry night over the Rhone. For this painting, i like how the light reflects off the surface of the water and how the sky looks clearer and brighter~ 

Here's my 70% done painting!! ( i really need to find time to complete it!!!)

Comparing the actual one to mine side by side, there is alot of difference, the most obious being the color of the blue. However, this is my depiction of it and i really like it! Whats missing is the reflection on the water and the hill like thing at the bottom. But looking at the base, i really like it and the atmosphere it has. I think it really can make you feel peaceful and make you feel like you are actually in the painting!!! <3 

I shall complete it soon!!!!!!
Byeeeeee!!! <3

I LOVE VAN GOGHHHHHHH~~ <3 WHOO

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fang Ni!

    I really like the way you managed to imitate the all-time-favourite Van Gogh, with such precision in colours(though Van Gogh's one is a little more indigo...) and style that a usual and normal 16-year-old would be unable to achieve.

    I actually like your version of blue better than Van Gogh's indigo, as I guess it is more linked to the actual colour of the sky. I also love your stars (I love all stars <3), it is as if they are shining so brightly in the sky, blinking playfully at you.

    I look forward to your portrayal of the reflection on the water (which is quite challenging I think), so really please post the final piece once you have finished with it!

    And lastly, do find the time (after EOYs? Studying is more important!) to finish this piece! Like all the previous piece (yes I have been stalking you), it will be an awesome depiction of Van Gogh's work!

    Great job and continue with the awesomeness! :D

    ReplyDelete